Inside Out

I should stop telling people that I'm not a fan of animated films as they seem to be the only ones I've been to see in the cinema lately. The last visit to the cinema was me watching the Minions and this time it was Disney's and Pixars' newest adventure Inside Out.

In the film we get to know young Riley and her emotions Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger and Disgust. Riley's family moves to San Francisco and so Riley and therefore the emotions who are operating in the control centre of Riley's head have to face all the troubles that come with moving to a foreign place: new city, different house, new school and new people. Joy tries to rescue the happiness of Riley but there's a lot of struggles the little creatures in Riley's head have to go through on the way.

The trailer of the film was very funny and the emotions are so cute, I thought it would be a great idea to see the film. But seeing the whole film, I was a bit bored from time to time...

It's obvious that it is a kids film, most animated films are. And I think for kids it is super nice, because it is trying a bit to explain what happens in your brain (in a very unrealistic way, but still). But for adults this isn't really fun to find out about and also the story of what happens when your life changes isn't new for people who have swapped schools, moved out, maybe went to uni or got a job and started there own life. So what's left is the bit of adventure the emotions have and of course the cute little people they are.

Sadness was my favourite, she's so cute. And how she always hides behind her turtle neck - adorable! Joy whereas was a bit annoying sometimes... I loved the bit of banter the emotions in the adult heads have had during a small part of the film - Brazilian helicopter pilot *cough* - but for me that wasn't enough to really enjoy the film. To be honest the short film Lava before the real film was way better and so, so funny. The volcanoes' song is hilarious.

Anyway, Inside Out is not the worst film I've seen, but it's definitely not going to be a favourite of mine. If you haven't seen it yet and don't have small kids, wait until it's on telly. It's a cute and slightly funny pastime, but it's not worth spending the money on a cinema visit...

What do you think about the film? Let me know :)
Love
Julia x


Follow

1 comment :