Songs of the Week [47]

Another week, another playlist. I really enjoy going through the new releases and the radio playlists on the search for fresh music.

Hit play on this one and have a read about why I picked exactly these five songs.


Eyes Shut - Years & Years



This is the newest single release of the British electronica/pop band from their album Communion, that made it into my Top 3 albums of July. I'm so glad they choose this song, because it's one of my favourites. I love the piano and especially all the emotions that are put into this song. Also the voice of singer Olly sounds brilliant in this one and I can relate to the lyrics a lot.

Bird Set Free - Sia



There she strikes again, the Australian singer-songwriter Sia Furler. Bird Set Free is the second single from her upcoming album This Is Acting. It's a great and valuable production and Sia's voice is strong as ever.
I love the message of the song, the lyrics are wonderful: "And I don't care if I sing off key - I find myself in my melodies - I sing for love, I sing for me - I shout it out like a bird set free."


No Reptiles - Everything Everything



I couldn't resist to finally add it to one of the playlists. I just had to because it's the song of the year when it comes to hilarious lyrics.
"It's alright to feel like a fat child in a push chair", who can listen to this without laughing? I can't. But I don't laugh at them, I laugh with them, because the English art rock band have an unique sound and produced a very different but stunning album with Get to Heaven. If you like this song you might enjoy the rest as well, even though it's missing some more hilarious lines.


Wild & Free - Lena



This is the first German artist to feature on my weekly playlists. You might remember Lena and her Satellite, that was the winning German song for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. This year she has released a new album called Crystal Sky. Her sound is more grown up now and I like it more than I did before.
When I first heard Wild & Free on the radio some weeks ago, I didn't even think it was a song of hers, because I liked it instantly. It reminds me of Ellie Goulding, I really thought that might be her for a moment. The song will make you happy if you aren't, so have a listen.


Spit It Out - The Maccabees



Spit It Out is a song from The Maccabees' latest album Marks To Prove It. It's one of my favourites from the record, because I really admire the energy it's got.
Two weeks ago the band played the song in BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge and since then I'm even more in love with it. They also did an absolutely brilliant cover of Adele's Hello, that you can (and must) watch on Radio 1's YouTube.


Here we go, some more songs to add to your playlist. Or simply follow my "Songs of 2015" playlist on Spotify, where I add up all the Songs of the Week playlists.

Do you like the songs? What's your favourite this week? Leave a comment below if you want to.

Love
Julia x


Follow

1 comment :