Christmas Countdown: Festive Films

And the Christmas Countdown continues. Only 8 sleeps until Christmas Day. I know I sound like a little child with this, but I am actually excited about Christmas every year. I love everything about it. The decorations, the food, the music, getting together with friends and family and just having a great time.

And I love all the Christmas films out there of course and that's what this post is about: The films that make the excitement about the holidays even bigger. I feel like it's the ones you can watch every year and don't ever get tired of.


Great Festive Drama:


Merry Christmas
(fr. Joyeux Noel)



Miracle on 34th Street
(dt. Das Wunder von Manhatten)



Merry Christmas is such a great film, very well made and such a wonderful story, which just had to be told. I cry every time, not just because it's sad, but also because it's beautiful.
Miracle on 34th Street isn't sad like Merry Christmas is, it's more a mixture of drama and comedy and so, so cute!

Speaking of comedy, there's a lot of funny festive films as well.

The best Christmas Family Fun:


Home Alone
(dt. Kevin - Allein zu Haus')



Christmas Vacation
(dt. Hilfe, es weihnachtet sehr)



I grew up with these two films, watching them nearly every Christmas and I can't imagine the festive season without them. They're both so much fun, super silly and christmassy as well. What could you possibly want more?

A bit more romance you say? I give you Romance.

Beautiful Festive Romance:


Love Actually
(dt. Tatsächlich Liebe)



The Holiday
(dt. Liebe braucht keine Ferien)


The best Christmas Romances ever, I'd say. Except for maybe some very old black and white ones like It's A Wonderful Life. But if you haven't seen these two, I've got no idea where you've hidden the past 10 years.

So that's it. Time to get a plate full of Christmas cookies and some mulled wine, get onto your sofa and put one of these on. Happy Christmas film watching everyone!

Love
Julia x


Follow

1 comment :

  1. I dispatched your articles links to all my contacts and they all mate it including me. best wp themes

    ReplyDelete