Songs of the Week [9]

Hey everyone! How are you? I had a great weekend, I hope you had a blast, too.

Last night I stayed up to watch the Oscars as every year with a friend. I love our little tradition it's always fun. And tiring...

Additionally, I have been to see Kodaline last Friday, which I enjoyed a lot. They're such a great live band. You'll get to read and watch a bit more about it on Thursday.

Also, The 1975's new album was released on Friday, you should give it a go it sounds great. It's called (take a deep breath) I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it.

And luckily for you, I also found the time to pick six great new tracks for this new edition of Songs of the Week.

Hit play and read on - I hope you will enjoy the songs as much as I do!



Young & Unafraid - Moth & the Flame
Young & Unafraid is the title track to The Moth & the Flame's second EP. It's a great synth rock song and it has a great build up - I really like it.

Unbelievable - All Tvvins
All Tvvins are currently touring with Kodaline and that's how I discovered their music. I've seen them play last Friday and they were really good.
Unbelievable is their newest single. It is energetic and happy and I can't wait to hear more of them.

Silver - Fakear feat. Rae Morris
Remember Rae Morris? I told you about her music before and now she's back, featuring on a new track by French producer Fakear. Rae's lyrics on Silver are amazing as always and the production is quite hypnotic, which turns it into a great ambient electronic song.

Scars - Tove Lo
Scars is Tove Lo's newest piece taken from the soundtrack of upcoming Sci-Fi film Allegiant (from the Divergent series). The pop ballad is dark and sad, which makes it really beautiful.

Last Dance - Dua Lipa
She featured on one of these lists before and I can't stop putting her new releases on them, because she's amazing and her vocals on this track are stunning - Dua Lipa. Last Dance is the newest hit by the newcomer, who is hopefully going to go big in 2016.

Lush Life - Zara Larsson feat. Tinie Tempah
From the last dance to your next dance: This song makes me want to have a beach part - like right now, but sadly it's not summer yet. The newest remix of Zara Larsson's Lush Life featuring Tinie Tempah is just made to be a summer hit. Let's se if it works out.


Excuse me for my shortness today, but I'm really, really tired. Luckily, I had chosen the songs over the weekend already. Do you enjoy the songs? Let me know.

And don't forget to follow my Songs of 2016 list on Spotify for all the songs that have already and will be featured on Songs of the Week.

Love
Julia x

Follow

1 comment :